SanDisk Memory Vault Claims 100 Year Preservation
The SanDisk Memory Vault is a photo album for the digital age that allows consumers to preserve images in one reliable location. The device connects to a computer’s USB port for easy drag-and-drop functionality and features a sleek, ruggedized, metallic design that looks great on any desktop and fits into any drawer.
“SanDisk already offers great image-capture products, and we’ve built upon that expertise to create a new category of image-preservation products,” said Tim Sutton, senior product marketing manager, SanDisk. “The Memory Vault allows parents to preserve photos of their daughter’s first steps alongside videos from her wedding and then pass those images down for generations to come.”
According to the company, hard drives contain moving parts and CDs can scratch; the SanDisk Memory Vault delivers the long-term reliability that valuable photos deserve. The device utilizes SanDisk’s Chronolock™ technology, which incorporates the key elements of advanced solid-state storage to create a proprietary memory management solution. SanDisk conducted accelerated temperature cycling tests that simulated the effects of data retention over long periods of time. This allows the device to provide consumers with peace of mind that their precious photos and videos will be preserved for up to 100 years.
The SanDisk Memory Vault is available in 8 gigabyte (GB)3 and 16GB capacities and can store thousands of images and hours of HD video4. The device carries MSRP of $49.99 and $89.99 and includes a lifetime limited 5 warranty.
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- What to Do When You Think You've Lost All Your Images on a Faulty Memory Card
- Our Favorite Reader Websites: 3 Great Online Photo Portfolios that Make Every Click Count
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)