SanDisk Memory Vault Claims 100 Year Preservation
The SanDisk Memory Vault is a photo album for the digital age that allows consumers to preserve images in one reliable location. The device connects to a computer’s USB port for easy drag-and-drop functionality and features a sleek, ruggedized, metallic design that looks great on any desktop and fits into any drawer.
“SanDisk already offers great image-capture products, and we’ve built upon that expertise to create a new category of image-preservation products,” said Tim Sutton, senior product marketing manager, SanDisk. “The Memory Vault allows parents to preserve photos of their daughter’s first steps alongside videos from her wedding and then pass those images down for generations to come.”
According to the company, hard drives contain moving parts and CDs can scratch; the SanDisk Memory Vault delivers the long-term reliability that valuable photos deserve. The device utilizes SanDisk’s Chronolock™ technology, which incorporates the key elements of advanced solid-state storage to create a proprietary memory management solution. SanDisk conducted accelerated temperature cycling tests that simulated the effects of data retention over long periods of time. This allows the device to provide consumers with peace of mind that their precious photos and videos will be preserved for up to 100 years.
The SanDisk Memory Vault is available in 8 gigabyte (GB)3 and 16GB capacities and can store thousands of images and hours of HD video4. The device carries MSRP of $49.99 and $89.99 and includes a lifetime limited 5 warranty.
- How to Shoot Pretty Portraits with a Compact Camera; Manny Ortiz Strips It Down With the Sony RX100 V
- Here Are 10 Great Tips & Tricks for Making Precise Selections & Masks in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V Compact Camera Review
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Aperture But Were Afraid to Ask (VIDEO)