SanDisk Introduces 4-Gigabyte SDHC Flash
SDHC is the new designation for SD cards larger than 2GB that adhere to the
SD 2.00 specification, a completely new design that is required for cards and
hosts to support 4GB to 32GB capacities. The specification was developed by
the SD Association, an industry standards board, which also defined three speed
classes for speed and performance capabilities. These cards adhere to the SD
Speed Class Rating specification which defines a minimum sustained transfer
speed for SDHC cards.
Though standard SD and SDHC cards look identical in size and shape, only SDHC-compatible products will be able to accept the new SDHC cards. SanDisk differentiates its new cards with the new SDHC logo on the card and retail package.
Suggested price for the card and reader is $199.99.
For more information: What is SDHC: http://www.sandisk.com/sdhc/SDHC.pdf
SDHC product information: http://www.sandisk.com/sdhc/
- Check Out These Spectacular Images Captured by a Pilot From the Cockpit of a Boeing 747 Cargo Plane
- Is Instant Film Photography Making a Comeback? How Fujifilm Has Sparked an Instant Revival
- Get Ready for Fall, Photographers. Here Are 5 Photo Tips for Autumn.
- Watch This Stunning 4K Timelapse That Shows Off the Beautiful Snohetta Viewpoint in Norway
- Watch Us Test the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR in Bali, Indonesia in This Video Review