SanDisk Introduces 4-Gigabyte SDHC Flash
SDHC is the new designation for SD cards larger than 2GB that adhere to the
SD 2.00 specification, a completely new design that is required for cards and
hosts to support 4GB to 32GB capacities. The specification was developed by
the SD Association, an industry standards board, which also defined three speed
classes for speed and performance capabilities. These cards adhere to the SD
Speed Class Rating specification which defines a minimum sustained transfer
speed for SDHC cards.
Though standard SD and SDHC cards look identical in size and shape, only SDHC-compatible products will be able to accept the new SDHC cards. SanDisk differentiates its new cards with the new SDHC logo on the card and retail package.
Suggested price for the card and reader is $199.99.
For more information: What is SDHC: http://www.sandisk.com/sdhc/SDHC.pdf
SDHC product information: http://www.sandisk.com/sdhc/
- 10 Tips to Tell Your Novice Photography Friends on How to Shoot Fireworks
- Grandpa’s Super Rare 1959 Nikon F with Cloth-Type Shutter Curtain for Sale on eBay
- Gearing Up: 10 Essential Photo Products to Bring on Your Next Location Shoot
- Apple May Disable Your iPhone Camera at Concerts and Venues Where Photography Is “Inappropriate”
- Nick Carver Shares His Secrets for Making and Framing Great Fine Art Prints (VIDEO)