SanDisk Automatic Online Backup with USB Flash
Getting started with Cruzer Titanium Plus is fast and simple, and the drive comes with six months of free online backup service. After quickly opening a personal password-protected online account, any files copied to the drive -- such as documents, photos, digital music, spreadsheets, digital video or work presentations -- are automatically backed up online. If the computer isn't online when files are copied to the drive, the backup will take place automatically the next time there is an Internet connection.
Cruzer Titanium Plus even helps protect the user against accidentally deleting
important files. Files deleted from the drive can be easily recovered by signing
into the online backup account.2
Beyond online backup, Cruzer Titanium Plus offers several additional data protection features:
· A rugged, crush-resistant metal case, reducing the risk of physical damage.
· Optional security by turning on password protection -- with AES hardware data encryption -- for all files stored on the drive, preventing other people from accessing user data if the drive is lost or stolen.
· Two years of free lost-and-found service from BoomerangIt™, to increase the chances users will get the drive back if it's misplaced. Cruzer Titanium Plus comes with a BoomerangIt sticker to put on the drive; if the drive is recovered, the owner typically pays shipping costs and provides a small reward.
The online backup service for Cruzer Titanium Plus is powered by BeInSync, a leader in data backup, synchronization, access and sharing. Storage for BeInSync online backup is provided by Amazon Web Services, a subsidiary of Amazon.com that gives businesses access to in-the-cloud web services they can use to enable virtually any type of application. Amazon has spent over 12 years and billions of dollars building the infrastructure, technical knowledge, and operational excellence to operate a world class web-scale computing platform, which means Cruzer Titanium Plus user data is stored with the same technology that Amazon.com utilizes for its retail business. BeInSync further protects users by encrypting all files during transmission from Cruzer Titanium Plus to Amazon's servers.
Pricing and Availability
Cruzer Titanium Plus is expected to be available in the United States in March, with a manufacturer's suggested retail prices of $59.99. The online backup service requires Windows 2000 (SP4), Windows XP or Windows Vista. After six months of free service, online backup costs $29.99 per year.
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- Need a Portrait Model? Teach a Friend How to Pose Like a Pro with 3 Simple Tips (VIDEO)
- Don’t Fear Off-Camera Flash: Use it to Make Better Outdoor Portraits with This Quick Tutorial (VIDEO)
- Can Printing Your Images Make You a Better Shooter? Here’s Why One Pro Says “YES” (VIDEO)
- Underexposed Portraits? They’re Easy to Fix with This 5-Minute Lightroom Tutorial (VIDEO)