Ricoh Adds Affordable Theta SC to Popular Line of 360° Spherical-Imaging Digital Cameras
The just-introduced Ricoh Theta SC is a fourth generation model in the company’s pioneering line of compact, high-resolution digital cameras capturing fully spherical images and videos. The new pocket-sized model delivers 14-megapixel images and Full HD videos at 30fps.
The mid-priced Theta SC delivers the same image quality as the flagship Theta S in a lighter package and features a high-performance CMOS image sensor, 8GB of internal memory, fast startup time of 1.5 seconds, and the ability to capture both high-resolution stills and HD video clips up to five minutes in duration.
The stylish Ricoh Theta SC can be handheld, placed on a flat surface, or mounted atop a small tripod and controlled with an iOS or Android smartphone via a newly updated app. When synchronized with a smartphone or tablet, the camera provides 360° Live View display for still images on the mobile device screen.
Users can upload their spherical images to a dedicated Ricoh website for sharing on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr. Users can also submit videos to 360° channels like Google Maps, Google+ and YouTube.
The new Ricoh Theta SC is available now for $300 at retailers nationwide and on the Ricoh website where you can read more details.
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Yay! 15 Fun Questions to Test Your Right to be Called a Photography Fanatic
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Aperture But Were Afraid to Ask (VIDEO)
- Learn How to Brighten Eyes in Photoshop in Less than One Minute (VIDEO)
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)