Raw 101; A Revised Primer On All Things Raw Page 2
Don’t be afraid to drag these sliders large amounts if needed. Unlike adjustments to noise, there is little, if any, image degradation or softening when using the Chromatic Aberration controls. The image shown in Figure 6.5 needed to have a +55 adjustment to the Fix Blue/Yellow Fringe slider to correct the fringing problems.
On its own, it may be hard to see what has changed. A side-by-side comparison of the image shows greatly improved definition between flowers and sky. Figure 6.6 shows the original along with the corrected image.
“Camera Raw 101: Better Photos with Photoshop, Elements, and Lightroom” retails for $24.99 and is available at Borders, Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, and other booksellers. Signed copies are available directly from the author at: www.joncanfield.com.
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)
- How I Opened My Own Photo Gallery (And Lived to Tell the Tale!)
- 6 Photographers Capture Same Person But Results Vary Widely Because of a Twist (VIDEO)
- Always Remember to Take a Good Look: How to See What’s Right in Front of You as a Photographer