Raw 101; A Revised Primer On All Things Raw Page 2
Don’t be afraid to drag these sliders large amounts if needed. Unlike adjustments to noise, there is little, if any, image degradation or softening when using the Chromatic Aberration controls. The image shown in Figure 6.5 needed to have a +55 adjustment to the Fix Blue/Yellow Fringe slider to correct the fringing problems.
On its own, it may be hard to see what has changed. A side-by-side comparison of the image shows greatly improved definition between flowers and sky. Figure 6.6 shows the original along with the corrected image.
“Camera Raw 101: Better Photos with Photoshop, Elements, and Lightroom” retails for $24.99 and is available at Borders, Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, and other booksellers. Signed copies are available directly from the author at: www.joncanfield.com.
- Shutterbug’s 10 Favorite Cameras and Lenses of 2016
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time
- These Are the Striking Images of Iconic American Avant-Garde Photographer & Artist Man Ray
- Phillip Haumesser’s Natural-Light Photographs of His Kids Aren’t Your Typical Family Snapshots
- Which Lens Should I Buy (Part 1): Advice for Beginners Who Just Moved up from a Point-&-Shoot