Users will have the choice of using the 14 megapixel front-side camera or 2 megapixel rear-side camera to capture and immediately post images to their favorite social networking sites, via built in Wi-Fi. If Wi-Fi isn’t immediately available, the camera will easily pair with consumer’s smartphones via Bluetooth® to enable instant sharing from virtually anywhere. The camera will also allow users to select, print and share images instantly on ZINK Paper featuring the ink-free Zero Ink Printing technology by ZINK Imaging. Prior to printing, images can be touched up, edited, and consumers can add clip art, icons, or text to any image prior to printing or posting. When ready, the user just presses print and the Socialmatic camera will automatically print a 2X3 inch full-color sticker-backed ZINK photo in under a minute.
The Polaroid Socialmatic camera will utilize an Android operating system, providing consumers with a familiar, easy to use interface and a broad range of creative capabilities and apps. The camera will feature a 4.5” touchscreen LCD display for easy navigation and an LED flash for great images even in low light. Consumers will be able to save their images to a Micro SD card or to the camera’s 4GB of internal storage.
C&A Licensing, an authorized Polaroid Licensee will produce and distribute the camera, which is slated to arrive in the fall of 2014. Additional specifications including pricing will be available in the coming months. www.polaroid.com/socialmatic or www.social-matic.com.
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- Take a Gander at the Massive Tamron 150-600mm Superzoom Lens that Debuted at Photokina
- Light Touch: Joe McNally On How to Use Multiple Speedlights to Capture Eye-Popping Portraits
- Is Instant Film Photography Making a Comeback? How Fujifilm Has Sparked an Instant Revival
- The Leica Lens Saga; An Interview With Peter Karbe