Trick Lenses—What The Unaided Eye Never Sees Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
“Art” In-Camera Filters
Increasingly digital cameras are offering preset “art” filters that allow you to make interpretive images right “out of the box.” In addition, many cameras now also allow you to process “straight” shots in camera in different picture styles. These art filters are like Scene modes with a good deal of trickery built in. Our next assignment is to seek out and shoot with, or make copies in camera of images using these built-in special effects. No Photoshop post, please!
This shot was made using the Sketch filter in the Samsung HZ35W; exposure was f/5.6 at 1⁄30 sec at ISO 200.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration (4x6 up to 81/2x11).
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1415 Chaffee Dr., Suite #10, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: March 15, 2011.
Images will appear in our June 2011 issue.
Our next topic: Graphics: Found Signs And Symbols
Deadline: April 15, 2011
Publication Date: July, 2011
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Want to see images selected for past Picture This! assignments? Go to www.shutterbug.com and click on Picture This! in the "More Articles..." box on the homepage.
- Fog-Chasing Photographer Spent 18 Months Making This Enchanting 4K Time Lapse of Mt. Tamalpais
- Meet Luminar: A New, Full-Featured Image-Editing Program for Mac Users for Only $59
- “A Sharper Scaling” is a Free Photoshop Alternative for Upscaling Photos & Enhancing Quality
- Hands-On with Nikon’s Two New Premium Nikkor Lenses at PhotoPlus Expo (VIDEO)
- The Bag Man’s 7 Favorite Photo Bags