The City At Night Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Letters: The Alphabet In The Image
Our next Picture This! assignment is "Letters: The Alphabet in the Image." There are many common symbols and signs around us, some of which are obvious, while others can emerge from parts of a scene. The letters we are seeking for this alphabet soup can be parts of signs that are isolated and obvious or objects that seem to form letters on their own, the "X" that marks the spot or the "M" in the way peaks of houses mark the horizon--the more imaginative the better. This big "R" was spotted on a high floor of a parking garage; the lens used and point of view create a scale that seems to rival the buildings of the city in the background.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration (4x6 up to 81/2x11).
Send your image and information to: Picture This! Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: May 15, 2008.
Images will appear in our August 2008 issue.
Our next topic: Spring Has Sprung
Deadline: June 15, 2008 Publication Date: September, 2008
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Want to see images selected for past Picture This! assignments? Go to www.shutterbug.com and click on Picture This! in the "More Articles..." box on the homepage.
- 13 Questions to Test Your Knowledge of Camera Lenses
- Hands-On Impressions of the New Fujifilm GFX Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Photographer Travels the World to Capture These Astonishing Macro Cityscapes in Drops of Water
- Bright Ideas: How Alexis Cuarezma Creates Dramatic Images Through Clever Lighting Setups
- Platypod Pro Review: Quite Possibly The Coolest Camera Support Around