The Big Landscape: Mountain Views Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
High Sensitivity: Photos Made At ISO 800 And Above
Our next Picture This! assignment is High Sensitivity: Photos Made at ISO 800 and Above. Whether you're shooting film or digital, working at high ISO settings can enhance your available light shooting opportunities. So boost that ISO on your digital camera or push that film--and turn off that flash--and share your best ambient light moments with us.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: April 15, 2006.
Images will appear in our July 2006 issue.
Our next topic: High Sensitivity: Photos Made At ISO 800 And Above
Deadline: May 15, 2006
Publication Date: August, 2006
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)
- How I Opened My Own Photo Gallery (And Lived to Tell the Tale!)
- 6 Photographers Capture Same Person But Results Vary Widely Because of a Twist (VIDEO)
- Always Remember to Take a Good Look: How to See What’s Right in Front of You as a Photographer