Skyline—A City’s Face Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Spring Has Sprung
Our next Picture This! assignment is "Spring Has Sprung"! The arrival of spring is always eagerly anticipated, perhaps this year more than most, so we wanted to celebrate with your images the beauty of spring and the color and light it brings. We're sure you'll be sending in lots of florals, but don't forget the other attributes of the season and the symbols it brings. This photo was made with a Canon EOS 30D with an exposure of f/4 at 1/250 sec using a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 Macro HSM lens. The image was processed in Photoshop using Gaussian Blur and then through the Color Contrast Action in Nik's Color Efex Pro 3.0 plug-in.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration (4x6 up to 81/2x11).
Send your image and information to: Picture This! Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: June 15, 2008.
Images will appear in our September 2008 issue.
Our next topic: On The Beach
Deadline: July 15, 2008 Publication Date: October, 2008
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Want to see images selected for past Picture This! assignments? Go to www.shutterbug.com and click on Picture This! in the "More Articles..." box on the homepage.
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)
- What to Do When You Think You've Lost All Your Images on a Faulty Memory Card
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- Our Favorite Reader Websites: 3 Great Online Photo Portfolios that Make Every Click Count