Saturated Color Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Keep It Steady--Tripods Only!
While VR lenses and Image-Stabilized CCDs have done much to help us all get steadier shots, there are great reasons to use a tripod to keep your images steady. They can be used in low light, when long shutter speeds are desired, or just to help get a steadier shot at just about any shutter speed. They particularly come in handy when working with long lenses at wider apertures, or any lens when you delve into motion studies. Our next Picture This! assignment is Keep It Steady--Tripods Only! Send us your best images made with a camera and/or lens on those valuable, three-legged devices.
This photo of a rushing stream was made with a Canon EOS 5D and Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 APO lens. Exposure was f/22 at 1/4 sec with ISO at 100. Rig was mounted on a Gitzo 2227 carbon-fiber tripod with Gitzo 1276M ball head.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: July 15, 2007.
Images will appear in our October 2007 issue.
Our next topic: Monochrome: In Camera
Deadline: August 15, 2007
Publication Date: November, 2007
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.