Rule Of Thirds Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Reflections: Many-Leveled Things
Our next Picture This! assignment is for images where reflections form an important part of the image and reveal both the object that is doing the reflecting and the things being reflected to bring many levels of content, and often meaning, to an image. This photograph was made in the government buildings area of Berlin with the Spree River and other buildings reflected in the large glass panes of the building. Taken with a Canon EOS 5D with an exposure of f/11 at 1⁄500 sec at ISO 100.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration (4x6 up to 81/2x11).
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1415 Chaffee Dr., Suite #10, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: December 15, 2010.
Images will appear in our March 2011 issue.
Our next topic: Quality Of Light: Glow
Deadline: January 15, 2011
Publication Date: April, 2011
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Want to see images selected for past Picture This! assignments? Go to www.shutterbug.com and click on Picture This! in the "More Articles..." box on the homepage.