Regards To New Orleans Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Our next assignment for Picture This! is "Grab Shots," candid images that appear as you walk by and vanish soon after. They are those photos that, for one reason or another, make you raise your camera to your eye for a quick shot. Grab Shots have a long tradition in photography, one that began soon after the miniature 35mm camera came onto the scene. They are spontaneous and highly personal, and often defy analysis even upon retrospection. They are just what they are--grabbed moments in the flow of energy and form that we note with our camera.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: April 15, 2006.
Images will appear in our July 2006 issue.
Our next topic: High Sensitivity: Photos Made At ISO 800 And Above
Deadline: May 15, 2006
Publication Date: August, 2006
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?