Patterns In Nature Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Regards To New Orleans
Our next Picture This! assignment is "Regards to New Orleans." We all hope and pray that one of the most exciting cities in the world will be back on its feet soon and that the people who suffered through the tragedy will have a better tomorrow. Our hearts, and our support go out to all the people of that great city. Our Picture This! assignment is for pictures of the city in days previous to Katrina, to remind us all of its amazing diversity, culture, and joie de vivre. This photo of a Mardi Gras prop was made inside Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World in Algiers, just across the river from the French Quarter, one of our favorite locations for photography. It was made in January 2005 with a Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II set at ISO 1600.
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over
the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine
and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1,
Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: February 15, 2006
Images will appear in our May 2006 issue.
Our next topic:
Fog and Light
Deadline: March 15, 2006
Publication Date: June, 2006
- Look at These Eye-Popping Macro Photographs of Damselflies and You Will Be Amazed
- Ryan Deboodt’s Giant Cave Photography is Absolutely Astonishing
- B&W Fine Art: How David Fokos Uses the Passage of Time to Create Stunning, Emotional Images
- Paul Wilson’s Spectacular Starscapes Have to Be Seen to Be Believed
- Learn How to Paint With Light & Create Dramatic “Light Drawings” with Your Camera (VIDEO)