Outdoor Sports Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Fog And Light
In Umberto Eco's new book, The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana (Harcourt), the lead character collects quotations about fog. Eco helps us see the imaginative aspects of this most wondrous of atmospheric conditions, one that can shroud all before us or reveal details in objects close to us while obscuring the background. Our Picture This! assignment for this month is "Fog and Light," with images made in the fog or, perhaps in its most interesting moments, when it begins to burn off and simultaneously reveals and hides. So search your files, or get into the foggy air and send us your best foggy day shots.
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over
the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine
and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1,
Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: March 15, 2006
Images will appear in our June 2006 issue.
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- 5 Quick Tips for Great Mobile Travel Photography
- Top Products of the Year: We Team Up with TIPA to Pick the Best Photo Gear of 2016