Light Patterns: Cast Shadows Page 2
Leading Lines: S-Curves And The Diagonals
Our next Picture This! assignment is “Leading Lines: S-Curves and the Diagonals.” Leading lines are compositional devices that are designed to lead the viewer’s eye into the photograph. We’ll take S-curves, strong diagonals, even parallel lines going to a vanishing point, whatever you choose.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration (4x6 up to 81/2x11).
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1415 Chaffee Dr., Suite #10, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: June 15, 2010.
Images will appear in our September 2010 issue.
Our next topic: A Touch Of Fill
Deadline: July 15, 2010
Publication Date: October, 2010
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Want to see images selected for past Picture This! assignments? Go to www.shutterbug.com and click on Picture This! in the "More Articles..." box on the homepage.