Leading Lines: Into Infinity Page 2
Rule Of Thirds
While it might seem a cliché, the Rule of Thirds can be an excellent compositional guide for many images, landscapes included. This month’s Picture This! assignment is for images that incorporate this approach, whether landscape, cityscape, still life, or portrait. This photo was taken with a Nikon D3S; exposure at ISO 250 was f/10 at 1⁄500 sec.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration (4x6 up to 81/2x11).
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1415 Chaffee Dr., Suite #10, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: August 15, 2010.
Images will appear in our November 2010 issue.
Our next topic: Graffiti: On The Wall
Deadline: September 15, 2010
Publication Date: December, 2010
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Want to see images selected for past Picture This! assignments? Go to www.shutterbug.com and click on Picture This! in the "More Articles..." box on the homepage.
- 13 Questions to Test Your Knowledge of Camera Lenses
- Hands-On Impressions of the New Fujifilm GFX Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Photographer Travels the World to Capture These Astonishing Macro Cityscapes in Drops of Water
- Bright Ideas: How Alexis Cuarezma Creates Dramatic Images Through Clever Lighting Setups
- Feast Your Eyes on These Stunning Images of Earth Just Captured by the International Space Station