Lazy Days Of Summer Page 2
While the world would seem colorful enough, there are times and subjects that tempt us all to add an even more vivid color rendition to the mix. With film you do this by choosing a more highly-saturated slide film, like Velvia; with digital it's simply a matter of boosting the saturation in camera or in software. Our next Picture This! assignment is Saturated Color, and we'll take images that benefit from vivid color created with slide film or via digital camera or software. This simple photo of a plastic fork on a plate was made with an Olympus EVOLT E-330 digital SLR with saturation set on +2.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: March 15, 2007.
Images will appear in our June 2007 issue.
Our next topic: Formations: Geological Wonders
Deadline: April 15, 2007
Publication Date: July, 2007
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
- Wild World: Charles Glatzer on How to Stay 10 Steps Ahead as a Wildlife Photographer
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- The Wolffepack Capture Is a Unique "Orbital" Photo Pack that Swings to the Front. Here's a Preview
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor F/1.4E ED Lens?
- Cancer Therapist Mimics Celebrity Pics to Raise Money for Patients with These Hilarious Photos