Keep It Steady—Tripods Only! Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
One way to challenge your "usual" way of seeing is to follow the adage, "Shoot from above, shoot from below." In other words, find a stance or point of view that is not from your height looking straight ahead. It could be looking down from your own height, or getting images by scaling a ladder, rock, or mountain, or just taking an elevator to the top of a local building.
This photo was made from a hotel balcony looking down at a palm tree blowing in a brisk onshore breeze. Made at night using the hotel lights for illumination, it's a pelican's eye view, with saturation boosted somewhat in Photoshop CS3, exposed at f/8, 1/500 sec with a Nikon D200 set at ISO 400.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration (4x6 up to 81/2x11).
Send your image and information to: Picture This! Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: November 15, 2007.
Images will appear in our February 2008 issue.
Our next topic: I Can See For Miles
Deadline: December 15, 2007
Publication Date: March, 2008
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
- Seagate Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity Hard Drive with Room for All Your Images, Videos & More
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Check Out This Simple, Pixel-Perfect Trick for Aligning Multiple Images in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions
- Is Olympus Planning a Whopping 300-500mm F/2.8-4 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras?