It’s What’s Up Front That Counts: Lens Effects—Super Wide, Fisheye, Distortion, Super Depth Of Field Page 2
The ability to shift contrast has always been an expressive tool in photography. What had been done in the past with exposure and darkroom techniques can now be easily accomplished in the desktop processing environment. Nevertheless, the image still has to lend itself to the technique, as the graphic quality of such steps can be lost with too much detail or complexity.
Our Picture This! assignment this month is High Contrast, darkroom or desktop, and the challenge is to take a "straight" shot and convert it in the darkroom or desktop to a graphic interpretation of the scene.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: December 15, 2006. Images will appear in our March 2007 issue.
Our next topic: Abstracts In Nature
Deadline: January 15, 2007 Publication Date: April, 2007
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.