High Sensitivity: Photos Made At ISO 800 And Above Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Times Past: Pictures From The Old Family Album
Photographs are perhaps one of our most precious possessions, as witnessed by their being one of the first inanimate things people carry with them away from an impending or recently passed disaster. No wonder--they contain associations and memories of the ones we love, including those who are still with us and those who have sadly passed. But our call for pictures from the old family album this time is for those images that include yourself that might have special meaning or depict a cultural environment that has long since passed.
By way of example I include a picture of my brother and myself standing in our living room with all the proud accouterments of the 1950s--the "oriental" figurines, that post-modern TV set, and of course the clip-on ties. That magenta cast, by the way, is compliments of an Ektachrome 4x5 transparency, and is as much a part of an evocation of the time as the picture itself.
Of course, as we can't return images sent to us we need you to send a copy, either scanned or photographed, and then printed.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: September 15, 2006.
Images will appear in our December 2006 issue.
Our next topic: Fill Flash: Light In The Shadows
Deadline: October 15, 2006 Publication Date: January, 2007
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!