High Contrast Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Formations: Geological Wonders
There's no question that massive rocks and formations are great photographic subjects. But rather than just show an interesting large formation, like the sweeping vistas of the Grand Canyon, we're looking for the details, those shots that use highlight and shadow to create abstract forms from among the mass of rocks. We're especially interested in the play of light around those forms and how it alters the picture possibilities throughout the day. This photo was made at the Bisti Badlands in New Mexico and was oversharpened to give it an even more surreal quality.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: April 15, 2007.
Images will appear in our July 2007 issue.
Our next topic: Secret Beauty: Small Parks And Out-Of-The Way Places Only The Locals Might Know
Deadline: May 15, 2007
Publication Date: August, 2007
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor f/1.4E ED Lens?
- Cancer Therapist Mimics Celebrity Pics to Raise Money for Patients with These Hilarious Photos
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?