Geological Wonders Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Monochrome: In Camera
Many of today's digital cameras have a monochrome setting, which allows you to shoot and review black and white, or monochrome, images in the field. You can also use color contrast filters in camera to change the tonal rendition of colors in the monochrome interpretation. Our next Picture This! assignment is "Monochrome: In Camera," and we're looking for black and white and "toned" images that came right out of your camera without post-processing.
This photo was made with a Canon EOS 30D in Monochrome mode with a red filter emulation and contrast at +1.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: August 15, 2007.
Images will appear in our November 2007 issue.
Our next topic: Color Me Red
Deadline: September 15, 2007
Publication Date: December, 2007
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
- You Can Make Your Images Better by NOT Doing These 10 Things in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Getting Started in Photoshop? Here’s How to Use Layer Masks to Edit Difficult Images (VIDEO)
- Take Better Portraits in Direct Sunlight with This Tutorial from Fashion Pro Lou Freeman (VIDEO)
- Add Some Pizzazz to Your Portraits with These Cheap and Creative DIY Tricks (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download