From Above Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Festival! Parades, Cook-Offs Ballooning, And More
Look at any events calendar in your local paper, or in local papers when you drive or pass through an area on business or pleasure, and you're bound to come across some interesting festivals celebrating everything from harvests to alien landings. Our Picture This! assignment this month is for images made at such events. We're looking for everything from reportage to abstracts, as long as the pictures help tell the story of a unique happening.
This shot was made at the Annual Taos Balloon Festival with a Nikon D40 camera and a Sigma 17-70mm lens. Exposure was f/8 at 1/125 sec at ISO 200.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration (4x6 up to 81/2x11).
Send your image and information to: Picture This! Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: March 15, 2008.
Images will appear in our June 2008 issue.
Our next topic: Personal Portraits
Deadline: April 15, 2008
Publication Date: July, 2008
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Want to see images selected for past Picture This! assignments? Go to www.shutterbug.com and click on Picture This! in the "More Articles..." box on the homepage.
- Photographer Solves Mystery After Developing Forgotten Film In Vintage Camera Bought on eBay
- Jordan Matter Captures Dancers Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Naked on the Street After Dark
- Take a Video Tour of One of the World's Most Amazing Camera Shops: Grays of Westminster
- Australian Photographer Captures the Maelstrom of Gigantic Waves, and All You Can Say is WOW!
- These Are the First Known Photos of Snowflakes Ever Made: Shot by a Vermont Farmer in 1885