Found Still Life: Flea Markets And Antique Stands Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Using wide apertures, pinpoint focus on foreground subjects, and a fairly high-key quality of background light, photographers can make backgrounds look as if they were created with an airbrush on a canvas, giving what’s often referred to as a “painterly” feel to the background that has a profound effect on the foreground subject. Our next Picture This! assignment seeks such images be they florals, landscapes, portraits, or cityscapes. When submitting images please also submit tech specs, including lens.
This photo was made with a Canon EOS 5D and a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens at the f/2.8 setting with an exposure at ISO 400 of 1⁄1600 sec.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration (4x6 up to 81/2x11).
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1415 Chaffee Dr., Suite #10, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: February 15, 2011.
Images will appear in our May 2011 issue.
Our next topic: “Art” In-Camera Filters
Deadline: March 15, 2011
Publication Date: June, 2011
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Want to see images selected for past Picture This! assignments? Go to www.shutterbug.com and click on Picture This! in the "More Articles..." box on the homepage.
- Ryan Deboodt’s Giant Cave Photography is Absolutely Astonishing
- Paul Wilson’s Spectacular Starscapes Have to Be Seen to Be Believed
- Look at These Eye-Popping Macro Photographs of Damselflies and You Will Be Amazed
- Leica’s New Ultra-Compact Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6 Delivers Premium Optics in a Retro Design
- Case Air Wireless System Transfers Images from Your Camera to a Computer & Wireless Devices