This month's Picture This! assignment, Found Montage, will not be running.
The photographs submitted for Picture This! were sent from our collection point
to review a few days before Hurricane Katrina struck and never arrived for review.
After extensive efforts at tracing the review package we can only conclude that
the package was lost within the chaos of the storm and its aftermath. We hope
those of you who submitted pictures will understand. While our loss here is
minor compared to the overall tragedy of the storm, we still value the photos
and images you submitted and we will continue to make every effort to recover
the package and the photographs.
We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Picture This! Our Next Assignment
Wavin' Old Glory
Over the summer many of us had a chance to attend parades and festivals where Old Glory was often in full display. Our Picture This! assignment this month is to not just give us a shot of the flag waving in the breeze, but to show the flag in context of a parade, festival, or special event that is as much a picture of America as it is of the flag that represents it. This photograph was made at the annual Arroyo Seco, New Mexico, 4th of July parade using a Kodak EasyShare DX7590 camera. You might call it "alien nation."
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over
the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine
and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1,
Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: December 15, 2005
Images will appear in our March 2006 issue.
Our next topic:
The Big Landscape: Mountain Views
Deadline: January 15, 2006
Publication Date: April, 2006