Fill Flash Page 2
We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Part of the fun of good weather is getting outdoors to capture all the action. For some it's baseball, for others it's a day at the skate park or on the soccer pitch. Sports photography allows us to work with long lenses and fast shutter speeds, and to hone our shooting instincts to capture the peak of action. So comb your files for those outdoor action sport shots and show us how you recorded the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. This shot was made with a Canon Rebel with a 200mm lens across the arena at the annual Taos, New Mexico Rodeo. Exposure was f/8 at 1/500 sec at ISO 400.
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over
the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine
and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: November 15, 2005
Images will appear in our February 2006 issue.
Our next topic: Wavin' Old Glory
Deadline: December 15, 2005
Publication Date: March, 2006
- Which Lens Is Best for Portraits: A Fast 85mm F/1.4 Prime or a Versatile 70-200mm F/2.8 Zoom? (VIDEO)
- Watch These Massive Siberian Tigers Feast on a Drone After Ripping It out of the Sky (VIDEO)
- Learn How to Win Photo Contests with These Helpful Tips from Successful Shooter Lorenz Holder (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Mandy Lea Travels in Style to Capture Gorgeous Images of the Great Outdoors
- Watch This Photoshop Tutorial and Learn How to Give Your Images Vibrant Natural Colors (VIDEO)