Directional Light Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Lazy Days Of Summer
While the heat waves this summer brought lots of problems and complaints, many of us will be yearning for those torpid climes when we are shivering this winter. So, to keep the memories of summer alive just a bit longer, we're looking for all your best summer shots, those that are iconic of those "Lazy Days of Summer." This photo of beach towels hanging on the line after a long day at the beach was made from the back porch of photographer Dave Wade's house in Maine. The late afternoon light just started coming in along with a cool, evening breeze.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: November 15, 2006.
Images will appear in our February 2007 issue.
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
- Watch This Video and You’ll Never Shoot Photos on Railroad Tracks Again
- Summer Project: How to Put Classic Nikon Lenses Back to Work
- Does It Bug You that Nature Documentaries Are Kind of Fake? Watch This Video & Tell Us What You Think
- Top Guns: 4 of the Most Popular Photographers on Social Media Share the Secrets to Their Success
- Sony A6500 Lab Review: How Does This Flagship Mirrorless Camera from Sony Stack Up?