Colorful Carnivals Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
It's What's Up Front That Counts: Lens Effects--Super Wide, Fisheye, Distortion, & Super Depth Of Field
Our Picture This! assignment for this month is "It's What's Up Front That Counts." There's no doubt that putting a special lens on your camera helps you see the world in different ways. Want to reinvigorate your vision? Try one of many optical options. Use a fisheye or supplemental lenses to give yourself a super-wide or super close-up view. Want to make images that the unaided eye can't see? Get close with a wide angle lens to foreshorten your subject and stop down to f/22. So give it a whirl and send us images that show that what's up front plays a big part.
This photograph was made with a Lensbaby selective focus lens mounted on a Canon EOS 20D digital SLR.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: August 15, 2006. Images will appear in our November 2006 issue.
Our next topic: Times Past: Pictures From The Old Family Album
Deadline: September 15, 2006 Publication Date: December, 2006
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- Wild World: Charles Glatzer on How to Stay 10 Steps Ahead as a Wildlife Photographer
- The Wolffepack Capture Is a Unique "Orbital" Photo Pack that Swings to the Front. Here's a Preview
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor f/1.4E ED Lens?
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor F/1.4E ED Lens?