Abstracts In Nature Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
Our next Picture This! assignment is Secret Beauty: Small Parks And Out-Of-The Way Places Only The Locals Might Know. The idea is to share great photo locales that you have discovered on your journeys, or close to home that might ordinarily be passed by. It's those places that rate only a small sign pointing "east" on the roadside, or a pocket park where there's much more than first meets the eye. When you send in a photo give us a brief idea about where the site is and use your image to share its beauty.
This photo was made in Orilla Verde, just south of Taos, New Mexico, where you can hike along the rim and down into the rift of the Rio Grande Valley.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: May 15, 2007.
Images will appear in our August 2007 issue.
Our next topic: The Golden Hour
Deadline: June 15, 2007 Publication Date: September, 2007
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
- Don’t Screw Up: Here’s the Correct Way to Use a Reflector for Better Outdoor Portraits (VIDEO)
- Fujifilm Announces Pricing, Availability & Lenses for GFX 50S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- This Happened When Kristina Makeeva Took a Stroll on the Deepest, Cleanest Lake On Earth
- These Are the Jaw-Dropping Winners of the 2016 Monochrome Awards Photography Contest
- Nature Photographer James Zwadlo Creates a Different Reality with His Unique Infrared Images