A Touch Of Fill Page 2
Trick Lenses—What The Unaided Eye Never Sees
There are many “special effects” lenses and auxiliary optics that create a unique point of view. Our next Picture This! assignment is “Trick Lenses—What the Unaided Eye Never Sees.” This photo was made with a Sigma 4.5mm fisheye lens on a Canon EOS D30. Exposure was f/11 at 1⁄250 sec.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration (4x6 up to 81/2x11).
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1415 Chaffee Dr., Suite #10, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: November 15, 2010.
Images will appear in our February 2011 issue.
Our next topic: Reflections: Many-Leveled Things
Deadline: December 15, 2010
Publication Date: March, 2011
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Want to see images selected for past Picture This! assignments? Go to www.shutterbug.com and click on Picture This! in the "More Articles..." box on the homepage.
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- Take a Gander at the Massive Tamron 150-600mm Superzoom Lens that Debuted at Photokina
- Light Touch: Joe McNally On How to Use Multiple Speedlights to Capture Eye-Popping Portraits
- GoPro Launches Their First Drone and Two New Hero5 Action Cameras with Raw Capture Mode
- Hands-On Impressions of the New Fujifilm GFX Medium Format Mirrorless Camera