“Hey, Look At The Sky!” Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
“Only With A Spot (Meter, That Is)”
There are some lighting conditions where you must use selective area reading to get the right exposure and not lose highlight detail, and that’s where the spot metering pattern comes into play. Our next Picture This! assignment is “Only with a Spot (Meter, that is).” Images can be shot with exposure compensation (please supply details, briefly) or not.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration (4x6 up to 81/2x11).
Send your image and information to: Picture This! Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1
Titusville, FL 32780
Deadline for submission: November 15, 2009
Images will appear in our February 2010 issue
Our next topic: “Photograph It Now, Next Time Through It Might Be Gone!”
Deadline: December 15, 2009
Publication Date: March, 2010
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Want to see images selected for past Picture This! assignments? Go to www.shutterbug.com and click on Picture This! in the "More Articles..." box on the homepage.