Wall Murals Page 2
Picture This! Our Next Assignment
We all know that flash is great for indoor shots when low light often needs an illumination boost to keep colors true and subjects properly lit. But fill flash is great for outdoors shots as well, when the foreground subject is backlit (or falls within its own shadow) or when you want to keep the sense of ambient light while highlighting what's in front of you. There are many creative uses of fill, whether it's with flash on the camera or used as a remote. Here, fill flash was used right after sundown to illuminate part of the Gates installation in Central Park while retaining the glow of lights on the buildings around the Plaza Hotel in New York City. Without fill those artistic structures would have been lost in darkness (note the slight blip of light on the girder that's the fill flash giveaway). So get outdoors, day or night, and share your creative use of fill.
We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Please Read This:
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1,
Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: July 15, 2005
Images will appear in our October 2005 issue.
Our next topic: Found Montage
Deadline: August 15, 2005
Publication Date: November, 2005
- Travel Photo Tips: It’s Not What You See, but What You Feel That Makes for Better Pictures
- These Gorgeous Images Show Why It’s Important to Pay Attention to Obscure Photo Contests
- Our Favorite Reader Photos from "The Great Outdoors" Assignment
- Wildlife Photography with a Twist: The Unique Zoo Portraiture of Frenchman Eric Pillot
- Which Lens Should I Buy (Part 2): More Lens Advice for Beginners Moving up from a Point-&-Shoot