Sunrise/Sunset Page 2
Picture This -- Our Next Assignment
Cities are about walls, and they can be confining or inspiring. This month's Picture This! assignment is to find those walls that have attracted the eye of muralists in the cities of the world. Think about showing them in the context of their neighborhood or in a way that lets us appreciate their scale. This photo was made during Shutterbug's recent digital photography workshop in San Francisco, and the pedestrian seems to be taking notice of all that's going on around him.
Please Read This:
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines.
We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over
the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine
and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: March 15, 2005
Images will appear in our June 2005 issue.
Our next topic: The Stacking Effect:
Compression With Long Range Teles
Deadline: April 15, 2005
Publication Date: July, 2005
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!