Reflections Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
The Big Landscape: Mountain Views
L andscapes can be intimate in that they use a central subject, such as a barn or outcropping to anchor the scene, or they can be broad, to convey the majesty and sweep of the land. Our assignment this month asks that you include one major feature, a mountain or mountain range, as a key compositional tool. This photo of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains shows just another New Mexico summer afternoon. It was made with a Nikon D70 and Nikkor 28-105mm lens.
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over
the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine
and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: January 15, 2006
Images will appear in our April 2006 issue.
Our next topic:
Regards To New Orleans
Deadline: February 15, 2006
Publication Date: May, 2006