Our Picture This! assignment this month was historical reenactments, pictures from festivals and commemorations that mark momentous events in our past. Readers responded with images made at Civil War, Renaissance, and Revolutionary War events from all over the country. These reenactments are great times to make images of people, as many of the participants do their best to dress appropriately and stay "in character" throughout the day. They are also great events to learn about our history, and to understand what those in the past sacrificed for their beliefs and, in many cases, for our freedom.
Picture This! - Our Next Assignment
Please Read This:
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V Compact Camera Review
- How to Shoot Pretty Portraits with a Compact Camera; Manny Ortiz Strips It Down With the Sony RX100 V
- Here Are 10 Great Tips & Tricks for Making Precise Selections & Masks in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens Review: Field Testing Sigma’s Fast “Gateway” Portrait Lens
- Are You New to Photoshop? Learn How to Make “Layers” Your Friend in Just 15 Minutes (VIDEO)