Our Picture This! assignment this month was historical reenactments, pictures from festivals and commemorations that mark momentous events in our past. Readers responded with images made at Civil War, Renaissance, and Revolutionary War events from all over the country. These reenactments are great times to make images of people, as many of the participants do their best to dress appropriately and stay "in character" throughout the day. They are also great events to learn about our history, and to understand what those in the past sacrificed for their beliefs and, in many cases, for our freedom.
Picture This! - Our Next Assignment
Please Read This:
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- Top Products of the Year: We Team Up with TIPA to Pick the Best Photo Gear of 2016
- 5 Quick Tips for Great Mobile Travel Photography
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)
- 7 Photographic Mistakes I Still Make