Directional Light Page 2
Picture This -- Our Next Assignment
The Stacking Effect: Compression With Long-Range Teles
Our next Picture This! assignment is stacking, compressing space with long-range tele lenses. When you narrow the angle of view using a long-range tele you can also compress the feeling of space between subjects that sit at different distances from the lens. Known as "stacking," it's a type of optical illusion that can be used to create visual groups of otherwise disparate subjects, a "collage of distance," if you will. This photo was made in Prague using a Canon EOS-1N camera with a Tamron 70-210mm lens set at maximum focal length. So get out that long-range tele and start stacking away!
Please Read This:
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines.
We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over
the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine
and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: April 15, 2005
Images will appear in our July 2005 issue.
Our next topic: Panoramas
Deadline: May 15, 2005
Publication Date: August, 2005
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- 5 Quick Tips for Great Mobile Travel Photography
- Top Products of the Year: We Team Up with TIPA to Pick the Best Photo Gear of 2016