Artful Architecture Page 2
Picture This -- Our
Every day, twice a day, the greatest show on earth takes place on your horizon--sunrise and sunset. While most people are too busy to notice, rushing to work or home, photographers know that these are the golden hours, some of the best times to make natural light photographs. While photos of the glorious sky, clouds, and perhaps even a silhouette framing it all are fine, we're also interested in what happens when you turn your camera to the back or side of the dazzling light, and how the light informs your subjects with a warm or cool mood. So send in your photos and show us all how you spent those precious moments contemplating the light.
Please Read This:
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines.
We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: November 15, 2004
Images will appear in our February 2005 issue.
Our next topic: Directional Light
Deadline: December 15, 2004
Publication Date: March, 2005
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor f/1.4E ED Lens?
- Cancer Therapist Mimics Celebrity Pics to Raise Money for Patients with These Hilarious Photos
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?