Panoramas Page 2
We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
T he mirror image is an enduring theme in art, as it seems to create a double where only a single image should be. Reflections off water, glass, and shiny metallic objects help create visual interest because they stimulate both the eye and the mind. The mirror is like a visual echo, and it can emulate the reflected object or distort it by the shape of the reflector or from natural elements like wind over water. For our next Picture This! assignment send us your best reflective images, ones that trick or challenge the eye and capture the elusive nature of light as it creates a doubling effect that echoes or distorts the reflected subject.
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over
the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine
and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: September 15, 2005
Images will appear in our December 2005 issue.
Our next topic: Patterns In Nature
Deadline: October 15, 2005
Publication Date: January, 2006
- National Park Service Releases 100K Downloadable Hi-Res Images to Celebrate Its 100th Anniversary
- Can’t Afford a Medium Format Film Scanner? Here’s How to Build One with a Shoe Box (VIDEO)
- Eyes in the Sky: Our 8 Favorite Quadcopters and Drones for Aerial Photography
- Watch This Awe-Inspiring 8K Time Lapse of Wyoming’s Grand Teton National Park (VIDEO)
- Full Frame: The Story Behind the Image