photokina Special Coverage; A Host Of New D-SLRs, Fine Art Printers & Papers; Classic Lenses Make A Comeback, And More
two years the international photo trade descends upon Cologne, Germany, to show
their wares and vie for bragging rights over who has the highest megapixel count,
greatest zoom ratio, or most archival fine art paper. It is also the place where
prototypes are kept under glass or shown in curtained back rooms and where alliances
are made and broken. For example, at this year's show we were greeted
with the news that Leica bought a majority share of Sinar Bron from Jenoptik.
Our team of reporters once again did a stalwart job of gathering reports from this year's show, a task made even more daunting by the complete reorganization of the many halls that make up the show. While space in our pages precludes reporting on all the new products, what follows are brief summaries of what caught our collective eye. We will certainly follow up with pertinent tests once gear becomes available.
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)
- Top Products of the Year: We Team Up with TIPA to Pick the Best Photo Gear of 2016
- 5 Quick Tips for Great Mobile Travel Photography
- 7 Photographic Mistakes I Still Make