photokina 2010: "Living Test Chart"
The way it works is simple and easy: The photokina visitors use their cameras/camera-equipped cell phones to take a picture of the test chart, which measures 2.2 x 3.3 meters. The special feature of the test chart is that it incorporates a live model painted only with test patterns. After that, the data of the images is analyzed on the spot by experienced engineers using the leading software IE-Analyzer from Image Engineering. Thanks to the photokina test chart with a skyline of Cologne, which was specially designed by Image Engineering for this activity, the experts can analyze the resolution, color characteristics, picture quality, and image noise. Every interested photokina visitor can receive a test certificate concerning the current performance of his or her camera after the evaluation has been carried out.
“With this activity we want to not only offer a special highlight to the photokina visitors, but also show photographers the technical capabilities inside their cameras,” said Dietmar Wüller, CEO of Image Engineering, to explain the company's intention. Markus Oster, Vice President Communication & Media of Koelnmesse GmbH, commented: “We are happy about our partnership with Image Engineering, and we’re sure that this free testing service will be a special highlight for many visitors at photokina.”
You can find further information on the individual topic areas in the press section of the photokina website at www.photokina-cologne.com/newsroom.
photokina 2010: September 21-26, 2010 in Cologne.
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)
- How I Opened My Own Photo Gallery (And Lived to Tell the Tale!)
- Medium Tools: My Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses, And Accessories
- Help the Rescued Film Project Process & Restore a Treasure Trove of Film Shot in the 1950s (VIDEO)