Photographic Historical Society Sets Symposium Date
PhotoHistory XV will contain a full day of presentations on the history of photographic practice, aesthetics, collecting, technology and sociology followed by a next day of browsing at a photographic trade show which attracts dealers from North America and internationally. A call for papers will go out soon. Still and motion photography subjects are considered. For information contact: Martin L. Scott, General Chairman of PhotoHistory XV at: email@example.com.
The most recent PhotoHistory XIV was held in October 2009 and was the last on the traditional three-year interval, which first began in 1970. The changed two –year frequency for the symposium was suggested and voted on by attendees at the 2009 event that drew more than 200 visitors from the Americas, Great Britain, Europe, Australia and Japan.
The symposium’s venue, George Eastman House International Museum of Photography and Film, combines the world’s leading collections of photography and film with the stately landmark Colonial Revival mansion that was George Eastman’s home from 1905 to 1932. The Museum is a National Historic Landmark. George Eastman, the founder of Eastman Kodak Company, is heralded as the father of modern photography and the inventor of motion picture film.
The Photographic Historical Society of Rochester, NY, is the first organized society devoted to photographic history and the preservation of photo antiques. Founded in 1966, it has a membership of about 120 individuals. For more information see the Society’s web site at http://www.tphs.org.
- Don’t Screw Up: Here’s the Correct Way to Use a Reflector for Better Outdoor Portraits (VIDEO)
- Fujifilm Announces Pricing, Availability & Lenses for GFX 50S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- This Happened When Kristina Makeeva Took a Stroll on the Deepest, Cleanest Lake On Earth
- These Are the Jaw-Dropping Winners of the 2016 Monochrome Awards Photography Contest
- Nature Photographer James Zwadlo Creates a Different Reality with His Unique Infrared Images