Photo Plus Expo
How can anyone who is into photography resist this? The annual Photo Plus Expo is at Jacob Javits Center beginning Thursday, October 22nd and running through Saturday the 24th. If you live within driving distance of Manhattan you don't want to miss this.
The biggies like Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony, Tamron, Sigma, Bogen, Lexar, ThinkTank Photo, Leica, Tamrac, Delkin Devices, Tokina, Lowepro, Datacolor, Mpix, Lensbabies, Western Digital, Bibble Labs, NIK Software, Kubota Image Tools and Tiffen will be there, as will up-and-coming companies such as Camera Bits (Photo Mechanic) and many others. You'll see a lot of new stuff you've only read about.
Plus you can visit with key retailers including B&H, Adorama and KEH.
If you live in New Jersey you can come by boat—park in Weehawken and take the ferry. It's an easy 5 or 6 minute walk from the terminal, and the bonus is that you're within comfortable walking distance to B&H Photo or a very short and cheap cab ride to Adorama either before, after or during the show. For many, that alone is worth the price of admission.
Wow! Can I cover all of that in three days?
- Which Lens Is Best for Portraits: A Fast 85mm F/1.4 Prime or a Versatile 70-200mm F/2.8 Zoom? (VIDEO)
- Watch These Massive Siberian Tigers Feast on a Drone After Ripping It out of the Sky (VIDEO)
- Learn How to Win Photo Contests with These Helpful Tips from Successful Shooter Lorenz Holder (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Mandy Lea Travels in Style to Capture Gorgeous Images of the Great Outdoors
- Watch This Photoshop Tutorial and Learn How to Give Your Images Vibrant Natural Colors (VIDEO)