Photo Plus Expo
How can anyone who is into photography resist this? The annual Photo Plus Expo is at Jacob Javits Center beginning Thursday, October 22nd and running through Saturday the 24th. If you live within driving distance of Manhattan you don't want to miss this.
The biggies like Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony, Tamron, Sigma, Bogen, Lexar, ThinkTank Photo, Leica, Tamrac, Delkin Devices, Tokina, Lowepro, Datacolor, Mpix, Lensbabies, Western Digital, Bibble Labs, NIK Software, Kubota Image Tools and Tiffen will be there, as will up-and-coming companies such as Camera Bits (Photo Mechanic) and many others. You'll see a lot of new stuff you've only read about.
Plus you can visit with key retailers including B&H, Adorama and KEH.
If you live in New Jersey you can come by boat—park in Weehawken and take the ferry. It's an easy 5 or 6 minute walk from the terminal, and the bonus is that you're within comfortable walking distance to B&H Photo or a very short and cheap cab ride to Adorama either before, after or during the show. For many, that alone is worth the price of admission.
Wow! Can I cover all of that in three days?
- Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York: The Power of Storytelling In Documentary Photography
- Make Your Landscape Photographs “Pop” with This Photoshop Tutorial from Jimmy McIntyre (VIDEO)
- Underwater Photographer Jean-Marie Ghislain Captures Diver Playing with Great White Sharks
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens Review
- Check Out These Mind-Blowing Cityscapes of the Big Apple Like You’ve Never Seen it Before