Photo Plus Expo
How can anyone who is into photography resist this? The annual Photo Plus Expo is at Jacob Javits Center beginning Thursday, October 22nd and running through Saturday the 24th. If you live within driving distance of Manhattan you don't want to miss this.
The biggies like Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony, Tamron, Sigma, Bogen, Lexar, ThinkTank Photo, Leica, Tamrac, Delkin Devices, Tokina, Lowepro, Datacolor, Mpix, Lensbabies, Western Digital, Bibble Labs, NIK Software, Kubota Image Tools and Tiffen will be there, as will up-and-coming companies such as Camera Bits (Photo Mechanic) and many others. You'll see a lot of new stuff you've only read about.
Plus you can visit with key retailers including B&H, Adorama and KEH.
If you live in New Jersey you can come by boat—park in Weehawken and take the ferry. It's an easy 5 or 6 minute walk from the terminal, and the bonus is that you're within comfortable walking distance to B&H Photo or a very short and cheap cab ride to Adorama either before, after or during the show. For many, that alone is worth the price of admission.
Wow! Can I cover all of that in three days?
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- Top Products of the Year: We Team Up with TIPA to Pick the Best Photo Gear of 2016
- Look What AP Photographers Used to Create All Those Great Images at the Rio Olympics (VIDEO)
- Astronaut Captures Unbelievable Night Shot of an Ancient Crater on Earth Lit by the Aurora Borealis
- Clever Photographer Creates a DIY Timelapse Rig, and with the Right Tools You Can Too! (VIDEO)