Pentax Offers First Sub-$600 Digital SLR Kit
Marketing Director Ned Bunnell notes that "Pentax is repeating our heritage of 30 years ago when we introduced the K-1000, one of the most popular and affordable entry-level film SLRs ever manufactured." The company introduced the K-1000 SLR film camera in 1976 and sold more than 2.5 million units during the product's life cycle. Though no longer manufactured, the camera remains popular among students and beginners for its durability, affordability and easy operation in learning the basic fundamentals of photography.
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- 5 Quick Tips for Great Mobile Travel Photography
- Top Products of the Year: We Team Up with TIPA to Pick the Best Photo Gear of 2016