Panasonic's New Addition To FX-Series Has 14.7 Megapixels And 28mm Wide-Angle Lens
The FX150's Manual Exposure mode lets users choose the shutter speed, giving the freedom to render artistic images of ordinary scenes. The multi-exposure function superimposes up to three consecutively shot images together while the user views the previous image on the LCD, creating a surrealistic effect that cannot be achieved with a single image alone. Furthermore, the manual bracketing function includes typical exposure and adds new color bracketing to capture color, monochromatic and sepia shots of an image simultaneously.
The FX150 also records original photos in RAW file format and comes bundled with the SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.0SE software application, enabling the user to freely adjust RAW data settings such as exposure bias and white balance even after shooting for greater editing and image development.
In addition to manual controls, the FX150 also offers Panasonic's Intelligent Auto (iA) mode that provides the user with automatic settings adjustments depending on the shooting environment. A new technology, called AF (auto focus) Tracking, has been added to the iA roster of features. AF tracking enables the camera to lock focus on a moving object. Additionally, AF Tracking increases Face Detection accuracy, allowing for crisp, sharp-focused shots even if the subject moves while shooting the image.
When the FX150 is set to iA mode, the following technologies engage automatically, no settings need to be made:
· Intelligent Exposure -- Helps prevents photos
from being under- or over-exposed by instantly analyzing the framed image and
adjusting the brightness in areas that are too dark because of dim lighting,
backlighting or the use of the flash. The camera will automatically adjust the
· Digital Red-eye Correction-- Helps to eliminate the red-eye problem that sometimes results when taking flash shots at night. Incorporated into the camera, the built-in flash emits a small preliminary flash before the main flash, detects red-eye and will digitally correct it.
· MEGA O.I.S. -- Gyrosensors detect hand-shake and the lens system shifts to compensate, helping to prevent hand-shake from creating a blurry image.
· Intelligent ISO -- Determines if the photo subject is moving and changes the ISO setting and shutter speed accordingly, thus giving a blur-free photo.
· Intelligent Scene Selector -- Senses the ambient conditions, recognizes the shooting environment and will automatically select the appropriate scene mode from: Scenery, Portrait, Macro, Night Portrait or Night Scenery mode. This intuitive technology, helps the consumer use the most common scene modes that are built into the camera, but often go unused, without making any manual adjustments.
· Face Detection -- Detects faces in the frame (up to 15 faces), even if they are moving, and selects optimal focus and exposure settings so portraits come out clear.
· Quick AF (Auto Focus) -- Starts focus on the subject by just pointing the camera at the subject, thus minimizing the AF time.
The FX150 boasts the high-speed image processing system, the Venus Engine IV, which supports a faster response time, allowing the camera to shoot 2.5 shots per second at full resolution and six shots per second in High-Speed Burst mode. The FX150 can also record dynamic High Definition video in 1280 x 720p at 24fps. Other advanced features of the LUMIX FX150 include:
· Image Leveling -- When a captured image "leans"
to the right or left because the camera was held at a slight angle when the
photo was taken, the Image Leveling function rotates the image to straighten
it and crops the unnecessary edges. No computer needed!
· Scene Modes -- The FX150 offers 24 different scene modes to respond easily to any shooting situation. The new Pin Hole and Film Grain modes add unique, film-camera-like effects and ambiences to images and the Transform mode trims and stretches images to virtually transform the subject.
The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FX150 will be available in silver and black and will
begin shipping in August 2008 with a suggested retail price of $399.95.