Panasonic’s DC-TZ90 Super Zoom Camera Puts Serious Power in Your Pocket with Its 30X 24-720mm Lens
Panasonic just unveiled the tiny Lumix DC-TZ90 super zoom camera that delivers plenty of power in a remarkably small package. Ideal as a do-everything travel camera, the tiny TZ90 boasts a 30X optical zoom equivalent to 24-720mm in the 35mm format.
Other features of the camera that is expected to ship in June include a flippable 3-inch monitor for selfies, 4K video, 20.3-megapixel sensor, and focus-stacking capability. The DC-TZ90 also offers burst shooting at 10 fps (AF-S) and 5 fps (AF-C).
For advanced shooters the Lumix DC-TZ90 offers a wide array of manual controls as well as semi-automatic settings (PASM). A customizable ring surrounding the lens can be set to control a variety of parameters such as aperture settings, while the dial on the back of the camera controls other functions.
Panasonic says the TZ90 is designed to deliver high-quality images under low-light conditions by using the camera’s Light Composition mode. Other features include a macro mode that lets you shoot as close as 1.8 inches, 5-axis image stabilization, and a host of powerful 4K video capabilities.
The Panasonic Lumix DC-TZ90 is expected to ship in June for about $520, and more details will be available on the company’s website at launch.
- Watch This Video and You’ll Never Shoot Photos on Railroad Tracks Again
- Summer Project: How to Put Classic Nikon Lenses Back to Work
- Top Guns: 4 of the Most Popular Photographers on Social Media Share the Secrets to Their Success
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Does It Bug You that Nature Documentaries Are Kind of Fake? Watch This Video & Tell Us What You Think