Palm Beach Photographic Centre’s FOTOfusion 2009
“We explore all facets of photography during the festival – from in-depth instruction for the advanced artists to introductory-level seminars and workshops for those just getting started,” said Fatima NeJame, co-founder of the 23-year-old Photographic Centre and the FOTOfusion festival. “We combine the best of cutting-edge techniques from photographers who have mastered the craft with fun, social events and an enlightening awards ceremony.”
Workshops will be conducted at the Centre’s Delray Beach headquarters and on FOTOshoot field trips by a roster of world-famous experts, including:
* internationally recognized South Florida photographer Marc Serota
* award winning nature photographer John J. Lopinot
* celebrity photographer Harrison Funk
* beauty and lifestyle photographer Nancy Brown
While it costs money to enroll in the workshops, seminars and field trips, there are a number of community events open to INFOCUS Centre members and Passport holders free of charge or to the public at a nominal fee of $10. In addition to a number of technical and practical lectures, planned topics include:
* Eliminate Noise Without Sacrificing Detail with Janice Wendt
* W. Eugene Smith and The Compassionate Photographer with Robert Pledge
* FotoFusion Master Lecture Series: 30+YEARS of DIGITAL ART - The Original Pioneer with Laurence Gartel
* From Afar & Up Close – Two Original Views of The 2008 Olympics with Robert Pledge
* The Rolling Stone Sixties with Robert Altman
FOTOfusion begins at 6:30 p.m. January 27, with a light-hearted Opening reception ($45 for non-members). January 30, the Centre stays open late for the citywide “Art & Jazz on the Avenue.”
Pricing: All pricing for individual events and packages is available online at www.fotofusion.org. A sample of the pricing:
Single Event Tickets:
* 100 series workshops -- $90 INFOCUS Members; $100 Non-Member
* 200, 300 series workshops -- $175 INFOCUS Members; $195 Non-Member
* Portfolio Reviews -- $95 Portfolio Reviews (each)
* Additional Fees for Mini-Field Trips and Special Event Ticketsdditional fees for the Mini-Field Trips and Special Events.
The $3 admission to the museum’s galleries is waived the week of FOTOfusion. For more information and a full schedule of classes, workshops, lectures and seminars, go to www.fotofusion.org or call 561-276-9797.
About the Palm Beach Photographic Centre:
The Palm Beach Photographic Centre is a non-profit visual arts organization founded 23 years ago by Art and Fatima NeJame. The Centre is dedicated to the enrichment of life through exhibitions, community programs, workshops and educational activities that promote the arts of photography and digital imaging. The Centre is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Saturday.