Open Sources, Open Standards; This Time, The Revolution Will Be Televised—On The Internet Page 2
Mark Alan Martin is a Nashville photographer who has two galleries of headshots on his website--one with color and another with black and white photographs. There are two ways a photographer can do headshots: one approach is to do a cookie-cutter method and do 'em quick and cheap. The other is to create headshots that make a statement, that do a job of selling the subject to potential clients as well as the photographer. Martin has adopted the latter approach and both galleries are brimming with creative headshots that belong in the twilight zone between portrait and promotion, with many moving into territory formerly occupied by environmental portraits and beauty.
As much as I admired his color headshots, including an awesome two shot, his black and white headshots are off the charts! These are not paint-by-number images but reflect the individuality of the subject; that's something a headshot is supposed to do but few accomplish. Martin's in Nashville so you expect musicians, and his Musicians gallery doesn't disappoint. It is filled with color and monochrome images that show the styles and people of the music scene while demonstrating Martin's skill behind the camera. There are other galleries, including incredible kids photographs in Children and great portraits of people at work in the Industrial gallery. Martin tells me he is planning to make some changes in the site's design by the time you read this, but one thing that won't change is the quality of his image making.
- Which Lens Is Best for Portraits: A Fast 85mm F/1.4 Prime or a Versatile 70-200mm F/2.8 Zoom? (VIDEO)
- Watch These Massive Siberian Tigers Feast on a Drone After Ripping It out of the Sky (VIDEO)
- Learn How to Win Photo Contests with These Helpful Tips from Successful Shooter Lorenz Holder (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Mandy Lea Travels in Style to Capture Gorgeous Images of the Great Outdoors
- Watch This Photoshop Tutorial and Learn How to Give Your Images Vibrant Natural Colors (VIDEO)