One Final Thought; Looking Down At A Fairy Tale
touring the ancient town of Dolceaqua, Italy, we happened upon a wedding ceremony
in progress at the antiquated church in the middle of the cobblestoned town
square. An ornate carriage and a proud family waited for the bride and groom
to emerge from the church. The air was festive, with flower petals covering
the cobblestones and the family members milling about.
When the bride and groom emerged to the cheers of the crowd, I happened to look up at a window overlooking the church. I knew immediately that the real picture was the expression of awe and delight on the little girl's face looking down at the fairy-tale scene below.
--Lana Lambert Macko
- These Are the Jaw-Dropping Winners of the 2016 Monochrome Awards Photography Contest
- Watch These Photographers Calmly Taking Pictures As the Biggest Alligator We’ve Ever Seen Walks By
- Online Learning Center Alision Shares Harvard University’s Photography Course for Free
- Here’s the Backstory on Chris Burkard’s Once-in-a-Lifetime Shot of a Surfer in Iceland (VIDEO)
- Full Frame: The Story Behind the Image