Nissin Power Pack PS 8
The core boosting circuit of the Nissin Power Pack PS 8 has been redesigned to reduce the heat, compared with the previous model. Belt buckles and shoulder strap are included into the packing for convenient use at any time. With a quick-loading batterycartridge, it has greatly increased battery capacity, and a decreased overall weight of 25 ounces. It is the first time Nissin has included it on the external power pack. Overall efficiency significantly increases the number of flashes per charge.
Other new features of the Nissin Power Pack PS 8 include an LED indication lamp, located at the top of the body, which turns green after being fully charged. When the battery level is less than or equal to 30%, it turns from “green” to “red” and the LED begins blinking “red,” indicating the battery is nearlydischarged.
With the increasing popularity of smartphones and tablet devices, photographers often have to carry back-up power stations for these devices, and the Nissin Power Pack PS 8 provides a USB charging socket which supports DC 5V 2A output. It can be a fast-charging device for image data transfer.
Distributed exclusively by MINOX in the USA, the new Nissin Power Pack PS 8 will be available in April for Canon, Nikon and Sony Digital SLR cameras.
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)
- What to Do When You Think You've Lost All Your Images on a Faulty Memory Card
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- Our Favorite Reader Websites: 3 Great Online Photo Portfolios that Make Every Click Count